As renovations and extensions become more popular, it is very important that your wiring is up to current standards. Many older homes contain wiring that is no longer serviceable and possess potential risks to you and your home.
VIR (Vulconised Indian Rubber) cable was widely used throughout Australia between 1910 – 1950. Over time, the insulation protecting the conductor dries out and becomes brittle. This can cause potential short circuits between conductors resulting in possible electric shock or fire.
Other items which need to be checked by a qualified electrician to protect you include:
Lucky Bay Electrical can provide you with an Electrical Health Check Report and highlight any issues that need rectifying.
Being experienced and having systems in place, we are able to ensure any rewiring, partial or complete, is done to to industry standards and does not leave you in the dark.
Contact us to discuss a health check of your property across Geelong, Bellarine and the Surf Coast.